Welcome to Twisted Fates Forums.

Problems with downloads? Comments to share? Announcements to make? Need to chat with fellow Buffy fans? This is the place to post all of those things and more.

TWISTED FATES HOME . FORUMS HOME

Twilight Forums! 1.0 Add Post
 Author / Subject   Post   Date / Time 
ryden
Goodbye Glenn
Glenn Quinn, 32; Actor Was in TV Series 'Roseanne' and 'Angel'
by Dennis McLellan

Glenn Quinn, best known for his recurring role on the sitcom "Roseanne" and a former co-star of the supernatural drama "Angel," died Tuesday in North Hollywood. He was 32.

The Dublin-born Quinn was found dead from a possible drug overdose at a friend's home, Los Angeles police said Friday. Detectives said the case will remain open pending the completion of toxicology tests, but no foul play was suspected.

Quinn joined the cast of "Roseanne" in its third season, playing Becky Connor's not-so-bright, yet sincere boyfriend and then husband, Mark, from 1990 to 1997.

"It was a phenomenal training ground, and I learned things that cannot be taught in any acting class," the untrained Quinn told London's Sunday Mirror.

He also co-starred as the half-demon Doyle on "Angel," a spinoff of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," during its 1999 premiere season.

Although most of his roles required him to hide his Irish accent, "Angel" was his first role in an American series in which he could speak naturally.

"When you get to speak Irish, you become more at one with yourself, you kind of have a spark when you use it, and I think it's a great dialect," he said at the time.

Quinn was born in 1970. He played in local bands before moving to the United States in 1988 with his mother and two sisters.

He made his feature film debut with a supporting role as a drummer in the 1991 John Travolta rock musical "Shout," in which he shared an on-screen kiss with Gwyneth Paltrow. He went on to appear in the films "Dr. Giggles," "Live Nude Girls" and "Campfire Tales."

He also appeared in the TV movies "Call Me Anna" and "Silhouette" and co-starred in "Covington Cross," a short-lived, historical-fantasy series, which aired in the United Kingdom and on ABC in 1992. Most recently, he co-starred in "At Any Cost," a 2000 VH1 movie.

He is survived by his mother, Bernadette, and two sisters, Sonya and Louisa.

He will never be forgotten.
Visit http://www.glenn-quinn.com for the latest developments concerning Glenn's untimely death.
10 Dec 2002 05:29
eyelight
re: goodbye glenn
This really bothers me. I just loved that cute little Irishman.

eyelight
10 Dec 2002 06:04
 Add Post Top
Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... Change colors... about Easy Forum! 0.032 sec
© 2002 TWISTED FATES NETWORK