|TECHNIQUE STUDY 002
To the left is a Warhol original. I believe it is from a series he simply called "Flowers". Again, this is a silkscreened image. Below you will find images inspired by this piece that I acheived using various technigues in Paint Shop Pro 7. I will warn you that I am no good at tutorials, so bare with me and try to keep up.
Okay, so how did I acheive the final result? Assuming you know your way around PSP7 or a similar program, below is a list of fairly simple to follow steps...
1. The filter called 'hot wax coating' was used on the entire image.
2. The hue was set to a grassy green color.
3. I played with the brightness and contrast until I was happy with the background image.
4. New layer - Color was added to the flowers over the original using a softened brush. Blend mode was set to normal.
5. New Layer - Thresh hold was applied to a copy of the original image then layered over the Digital Warhol using multiply as the blend mode.
The finished product can be seen above along side the original. Below you can see the finished image in its full size.
Original image courtesy of stock stash.